Prepares and maintains golf course greens, fairways, and other golf course surfaces as required, ensuring compliance with all golfing regulations and standards. Sets course tee and cup placements, installs and repairs irrigation systems, and operates and maintains greenskeeping equipment. The Preserve is located in Richmond, RI.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets golf courses to include cutting cups, setting tees, repairing greens, raking bunkers, and mowing greens and fairways.
- Maintains golf course, including bunkers, greens, driving range, and tee boxes; mows bunker faces; prunes trees; performs pest control.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs irrigation systems.
- Performs or oversees performance of golf cart maintenance.
- Assists in special construction projects as required.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Ability to install, operate, troubleshoot and repair manual and/or computerized irrigation systems.
- Knowledge of USGA regulations regarding course settings.
- Knowledge of light equipment operation and/or maintenance.
- Knowledge of fertilizer and/or pesticide applications.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Knowledge of golf course maintenance activities to include placement of tees and pins, irrigation techniques, and turf care.
Examples of Work
- Preparing and maintaining golf course greens, fairways and other surfaces.
- Installing and repairing irrigation systems.
- Operating and maintaining greenskeeping equipment
- Performing pest control, pruning, and mowing.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
⦁ Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
⦁ Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
⦁ Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send resume to:
Chris Mihailides firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources and Compliance
The Preserve at Boulder Hills
87 Kingstown Road
Richmond, RI 02898