Job Title: Assistant Superintendent
Department: Hall of Fame Tennis Club
Reports To: Superintendent
Date: February 2021
The Assistant Superintendent assist in the daily maintenance and grounds management of the International Tennis Hall of Fame Campus. The Assistant Superintendent will help manage and hire seasonal staff.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist Superintendent in all phases of the Grounds Maintenance, Agronomic Operations, budget management and personnel.
- Assist in the care and maintenance of the grounds, ornamental plants, shrubs, and trees on the facility grounds.
- Assist in the recruitment and supervision grounds staff.
- Assist in the application and recording of chemical applications (fertilizers and pesticides) on the Club's grounds in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Assist Superintendent in controlling all maintenance expenses associated with Tennis Operations, including payroll, supplies, chemicals, and fertilizers.
- Assist in development of annual operating budget and plans for maintenance and capital improvement projects.
- Maintains records and completes required reporting. Order parts, supplies and equipment as needed.
- Assist in Scheduling maintenance practices around play and tennis outings to maximize efficiency and minimize disruption to players.
- Assist in management of all Vendor Relationships in conjunction with the grounds maintenance.
- Perform necessary maintenance on all equipment and tools
- 3 Years as Assistant Superintendent or 1st Assistant Superintendent
- Knowledge of management and maintenance of grass tennis courts or similar
- Knowledge of use and operating standards of equipment and tools used in grass tennis facility management and maintenance work.
- Skill in recruiting, supervising, training, monitoring, evaluating and motivating personnel.
- Interpersonal skill to resolve conflict and work with supervisors, employees, members, and the general public.
- Knowledge of safe use, mixing and application of chemicals and commercial products.
- Knowledge of the game of tennis, tennis rules and methods of play.
- Ability to anticipate personnel, equipment, and material requirements related to tennis facility maintenance and repair assignments.
- $40,000+ Salary Based on Experience
- Health + Dental Insurance
- Vacation, Holiday, Personal and Sick Pay
- Company Retirement Plan
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Jon Bengtson, Superintendent, at email@example.com.