The Bay Club
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
The Bay Club:
The Club encompasses 625 acres (with 300 acres of adjacent conservation land) of which the country club and golf course occupy 200 acres located in the small shoreline community of Mattapoisett. The community and club are proud to be a Certified Silver Audubon International Signature Sanctuary with championship golf, (4) lighted Har-tru Tennis courts and (2) lighted Paddle Courts, an outstanding sports and fitness complex, junior Olympic swimming pool and year-round fine dining.
Golf Course and Practice Facility Description:
The course opened for play on July 1, 2004. The golf course was designed by Brad Faxon and partner Brad Booth of Faxon/Booth Golf Design. The course boasts multiple tee boxes with generous fairways and large bent grass greens. In addition to the 18 holes of championship golf covering 200 acres, the practice facility is 320 yards long allowing dual use from each end, (1) putting green, (1) Himalayan putting green (long, lots of slope) used for juniors and family fun and a Faxon designed short game area. To reduce practice tee turf wear, the club also has a new synthetic turf available for use. The Club is currently in the final phases of planning for an irrigation system replacement with work tentatively scheduled to begin in fall of 2022.
We are seeking a highly motivated Assistant Superintendent who is looking to take the next step in their career with the ultimate goal of becoming a Head Superintendent. We are looking for someone to work side by side our crew of 20 employees to help provide our members with the best playing conditions possible. We provide a positive work environment with a reasonable work/life balance. Attention to detail and constant improvement is the foundation to our success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work hand in hand with the superintendent to develop and implement an agronomic program.
- Create implement daily maintenance schedules.
- Recruit, train, and supervise a staff of 20 in season.
- Supervise, record, and participate in fertilizer and chemical applications (We are currently using Playbooks chemical app program).
- Communicate with the equipment manager to ensure needed equipment is ready for use.
- Ensure equipment is cleaned and stored properly.
- Involved in the daily course setup and inspection.
- Assist in water management; irrigation scheduling, monitoring (TDR), hand watering with the goal of a firm turf is healthy turf.
- Involved in budget development, implementation, and capital equipment procurement.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Certificate, 2- or 4-year degree, in turf or related field preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a 2nd assistant or AIT at a similar level club preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion for the game of golf, a desire to play and a general understanding of the rules.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- $55-68k Annual salary BOE
- Holiday Bonus
- Health Insurance, Earn Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Uniforms, Golfing Privileges
Date Job is Available:
Please apply via email to Patrick Meehan, GCS at email@example.com.
The Bay Club