Facility: Fall River Country Club
Location: Fall River, Massachusetts
Position: Head Superintendent
Description: Fall River Country Club is seeking an experienced, progressive, and innovative Golf Course Head Superintendent to attract and lead a motivated grounds staff. The successful candidate must take pride in delivering exceptional playing conditions for our members and guests. This position will be responsible for managing the daily operations of the entire agronomy team, with primary concentration on organizing, directing, and overseeing all facets of golf course maintenance including staffing, training, safety protocols, chemical/fertilizer plans, working relationships across departments, and interaction with club members. This position reports directly to the Club President and Greens Chairman.
• Manage agronomy, procedures, and controls with the goal of meeting all budget requirements and exceeding member/guest and constituent expectations.
• Create a team atmosphere where agronomy team members learn and grow in their profession.
• Instill a sense of pride in teamwork which will contribute to achieving Fall River Country Clubs vision of being the premier facility in the country, providing unparalleled service, fostering enduring friendships, and a sense of community.
• Prepare annual operating and capital budgets for the department and take corrective actions, as necessary, to help assure that the budgeted goals are met.
• Maintain the golf course in excellent playing conditions.
• Manage positive and productive relationships with bargaining unit staff and leadership.
• Organize department management meetings, staff meetings, and participate in department head/committee meetings as directed by the Greens Chairman.
• Implement and enforce a comprehensive safety program for employees, members, and guests in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
• Ensure that chemicals, petroleum, and other controlled products are used, stored, and disposed of in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations; maintain required records.
• Schedule, train, supervise, and evaluate all personnel assigned to the department.
• Advise and assist the Board of Directors in implementing policies, procedures and goals which will strategically enhance the maintenance operation and its financial success.
• Communicate regularly with the Membership, Golf Committee, Greens Committee, and all appropriate staff members.
• Participate in establishing short and long-range maintenance plans for the golf course.
• Ensure appropriate landscaping for course property outside the golf course including around the clubhouse and surrounding areas.
• Inspect the golf course regularly to evaluate and recommend improvements.
• Complete other appropriate tasks assigned by the Greens Chairman
• Bachelor's degree in Agronomy or other appropriate technical area, or combinations of technical education, training, and experience.
• Two or more years of experience managing facilities operation and maintenance staff in an environment with a variety of facilities.
• Extensive experience in growth/maintenance of all turf grasses, included but not limited to Bent grass, Poa Annua and bluegrass turf.
• Demonstrated experience in construction, renovation, and grow-in experience
• Knowledge of environmental safety rules, regulations, and policies. Ability to conduct job site inspections to ensure compliance. Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with others.
• Demonstrated ability managing service contracts, developing and managing budgets.
• Ability to interpret planning specifications, documents, working drawings, and related reports.
• All Pertinent Chemical and Pesticide Certifications are required.
• Salary will be negotiated based on experience
• Paid vacation
• Golf Course privileges
• Continuing education allowance
• GCSAA Dues
Position Available: Fall/Winter 2021
Application Deadline: September 12, 2021
Apply to: Eric Kelly, Club President at email@example.com