Olde Scotland Links is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Assistant Superintendent. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior playing conditions for our members and their guests.
Key Responsibilities of the Assistant Superintendent:
- Works with the Superintendent to ensure that the annual golf course maintenance budget and capital plans are maintained and followed.
- Supervises and assists maintenance staff in daily duties.
- Assists in the planning, organizing and direction of the maintenance and construction of putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs, and bunkers.
- Supervises the planting and cultural practices involved in growing various turf grasses, trees and ornamental plants.
- Ensures that construction equipment is properly maintained.
- Assists in the procurement of supplies and materials and ensures costs remain within budgetary limitations.
- Keeps records of annual maintenance activities and costs and assists with the preparation of required prepares reports.
- Follows sound purchasing procedures utilizing preferred vendors, when possible.
- Reconciles and provides timely coding of all invoices, payroll and other required documents.
- Coordinates snow removal (depending upon facility location).
- Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations.
- Ensures associates obtain proper license needed to perform job tasks safely and within city, state, and federal regulations. Addresses directly all real or perceived environmental concerns.
- Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Mechanic, Environmental Technician, Equipment Operator, Foreman, Greenskeeper, and Irrigation Technician.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
- Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
Minimum Qualifications for the Assistant Superintendent:
- Bachelors degree, Associates degree or equivalent from a four or two year college; 3-4 year related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience (degree preference in agronomy/horticulture/plant/soil science.
To Apply, please click on this link.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, & Outlook.
- Ability to obtain Massachusetts pesticide license within 6 months of employment.