Founded in 1895, Reservation Golf Club is a 10-hole private golf club, designed by the original owner, Charles King. Overlooking beautiful Mattapoisett Harbor, Reservation Golf Club provides a superb and challenging golf experience for its members year-round.
We are currently seeking a qualified individual for a full-time, year-round position, to help us provide pristine conditions throughout the growing season. The ideal candidate will have a passion and understanding of the game of golf, will possess a strong ability to communicate, present a positive attitude at all times, and have the desire to train and lead a team.
- 2+ years of golf course maintenance experience.
- Experience with operating golf course equipment.
- A strong, positive attitude, work ethic, and communication skills.
- Experience with pesticide and fertilizer applications.
- Ability to obtain a MA pesticide applicators license.
- Knowledge of irrigation repair.
- Must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
- Must have the ability to stand, walk, lift, push, pull, etc. for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in all types of weather.
- Direct and oversee maintenance team.
- Operate irrigation system as needed, as determined by weather.
- Assist with/manage golf course setup.
- Mow/trim all turf and ornamental areas.
- Apply pesticide/fertilizer as needed.
- Operation of motorized equipment as necessary.
- Follow Superintendent’s lead in order to maintain pristine golfing conditions throughout the year.
- Assist with course grooming/tree work as directed by Superintendent.
- Proactively scout for pests/wilt/turf issues, irrigation breaks, etc. and provide a solution.
- Starting salary is $40,000-$50,000 per year, dependent upon experience.
- 2 weeks paid vacation per year.
- Reimbursement of expenses related to required licensing.
- Local association dues.
- Golfing privileges.
Please submit your resume to:
Matt Emond, Superintendent