Hyannisport Club is a private 18-hole Donald Ross designed seaside links overlooking Nantucket Sound located in the village of Hyannis Port on Cape Cod. Rich in American Golf History, Hyannisport Club was established in 1897 as a 6-hole golfing ground laid out by summer resident John Reid, a founding father of the USGA. In 1902, Alex Findlay, the “Father of American Golf” was hired to improve and expand the property to a 9- hole golf course. After acquiring additional land in 1913, the club hired noted golf professional and architect Donald Ross to expand/reconfigure Hyannisport Club to an 18-hole golf course. With the purchase of an additional 40 acres in 1930, Ross would once again redesign existing holes and add new golf holes as we know it today. The Second Assistant GCS will be involved with a new Ron Forse updated golf course restoration plan based on the original Donald Ross blueprints. Hyannisport Club is recognized as a Certified Audubon Sanctuary Golf Course and is consistently ranked as one of the top golf courses in Massachusetts.
The Second Assistant Golf Course Superintendent will be a key member of the Hyannisport Club’s Agronomy Team. We are looking for a highly-motivated candidate who is eager to learn, contribute and progress in the Golf Course Industry. The Second Assistant GCS will be exposed to all aspects of planning and executing Hyannisport Club’s agronomic plan that focuses on playability, turf health and environmental awareness.
Currently Enrolled in or a Graduate of a Certificate, 2-year or 4-year Turfgrass Management program.
- 1-2 years of Golf Maintenance experienced preferred.
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License
- Positive, Self-starter with the ability to work and think independently.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a Massachusetts Pesticide Applicators License within 90 days.
- 25.00$/Hr plus OT
- Housing available
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Time, Sick Time and Personal Time
- Simple IRA with 3% Club Match
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Every other Weekend Off
- Generous Golf Privileges
- National and Local Chapter Dues
- Continuing Education/Conference Expenses
- End of Season Bonus
- Pro Shop Discount
Please apply to Marc Mimmo, Senior Assistant Superintendent, at firstname.lastname@example.org