Kirkbrae Country Club in Lincoln, RI is, an 18-hole family oriented full service private club located just north of Providence that is currently looking to fill a 2nd Assistant/AIT position. The golf course is a Geoffrey Cornish design being renovated by Architect Mark Mungeam of Mungeam/Cornish Golf Design Inc. The club has been host to all the major Rhode Island State Championships including the 100th and 116th RI State Amateur as well as US Amateur qualifiers.
As the Assistant/AIT you will work closely with the Superintendent and Assistant Superintendents to implement a management program that:
- produces a high standard of golf course conditioning.
- provides a safe work environment for its staff.
- clearly communicates a team and goal-oriented atmosphere.
- Preferred completion of a certificate program or have a 2- or 4-year degree in Turfgrass Management, but not required. Golf course experience along with the desire to grow in the industry will be considered.
- The ability to obtain a RI pesticide license is required.
- A passion and understanding of the game of golf.
- Must have a strong and positive work ethic.
- Health and Dental care.
- 401K program after 1 year.
- Vacation, holiday, and sick leave as stated in our employee handbook.
- Golf privileges.
- Daily setup of golf course.
- Application of pesticides and fertilizers.
- Supervision of the staff per direction of the Superintendent.
- Monitoring of water on all playing surfaces.
- Repair of irrigation and drainage systems.
- Training of staff.
- $45,000 to $55,000 Based on Experience.
Please send resumes to:
Peter Wood, Golf Course Superintendent
Kirkbrae Country Club