Kings Crossing Golf Club
655 Old Baptist Road
North Kingstown, RI 02874
I. Position- GOLF COURSE SUPERINTENDENT
II. Position Overview:
Specifically looking for-
HUNGRY, RESPONSIBLE INDIVIDUAL DEDICATED TO THE PROFESSION LOOKING TO USE THEIR HANDS ON SKILLS TO MAKE OUR COURSE THEIR OWN!
Responsible for maintenance and management of our 9 hole golf course and associated amenities at Kings Crossing Golf Club in North Kingstown, RI. The golf course property is owned and operated/managed by The Northeast Golf Company. This position is with The Northeast Golf Company. The course is open to the public and averages 20,000+ rounds per season.
The responsibilities include: turf grass/plant material maintenance programs, property/asset management, personnel management, budget/forecasting, scheduling/maintenance of irrigation systems, pesticide applications, related recordings, and compliance of regulatory issues. The Golf Course Superintendent works to create an environment where staff is involved and enthusiastic, with open communications and respect for themselves, members, guests, the playing public and the property. We are seeking an individual who takes pride in presentation. This is a position that will require hands on skills with turf management techniques and programs, equipment use and maintenance and efficient communications.
III. Basic Functions:
- Responsible for all phases of Golf Maintenance and Agronomic operations, cost control, and personnel.
- Works closely with, advises, and coordinates with the Manager/Owner on any issues related to golf course maintenance.
- Administers and enforces all Club rules, regulations and policies for maintenance staff.
- Works closely with the Manager/Owner to operate the Golf Course in a fiscally responsible and professional manner.
- Must be able to work independently and be a self-starting problem solver.
IV. Primary Duties:
- Oversees the care and maintenance of the turf, ornamental plants, shrubs, trees and natural areas, environmental zones and water bodies on the facility grounds.
- Manages water usage and the Hunter irrigation system.
- Recruits, supervises and retains full and part-time maintenance staff. Conducts employee performance evaluations and exercises disciplinary action.
- Provides technical, operational and safety training for/with employees to ensure that staff is working within OSHA, club safety, state and federal guidelines for safe working conditions.
- Provides and/or participates in the application and recording of chemical applications (fertilizers and pesticides) on the Club's grounds in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations- Must have current or applied for RI Pesticide Applicators License.
- Coordinates all maintenance expenses associated with Golf Course Operations/Owner, including payroll, supplies, chemicals and fertilizers with General Manager/Owner.
- Develops annual operating budget and plans for maintenance
- Maintains records and completes required reporting. Order parts, supplies and equipment as needed.
- Schedules maintenance practices around public play and outings to maximize efficiency and minimize disruption to operations.
- Communicates course conditions, issues daily with Club Manager
- Coordinates snow removal and winter maintenance activities.
V. Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Knowledge of management and maintenance of greens, fairways and roughs.
- Knowledge of use and operating standards of equipment and tools used in golf course construction and maintenance work.
- Skill in recruiting, supervising, training, monitoring, evaluating and motivating personnel.
- Interpersonal skill to resolve conflict and work with supervisors, City officials, employees, and the general public.
- Knowledge of safe use, mixing and application of chemicals and commercial products.
- Knowledge of the game of golf, golf rules and methods of play.
- Ability to anticipate personnel, equipment, and material requirements related to golf course maintenance and repair assignments.
VI. Minimum Qualifications:
- HUNGRY, RESPONSIBLE INDIVIDUAL DEDICATED TO THE PROFESSION LOOKING TO MAKE A COURSE THEIR OWN!
- 3-5 years experience as a Golf Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent
- 2-year Degree or Certificate in Turf Management (or related field, like agronomy, horticulture, plant science, soil science).
- Advance computer skills required for financial reporting and control of operations, including use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid Driver's License.
- RI Pesticide Application License (or application for RI license)
- Prefer Membership in the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America
VII. Compensation Package:
Salary: Commensurate with the requirements of the position *This is a position with The Northeast Golf Company and will require in season commitment to reach our agronomic goals. Employment will begin/expected February/March 2023
Vacation: 5 days after 3 months of service, 5 additional days after 6 months of service plus off season flex time as course is closed in January and February.
Term: One year, renewable with 6 month and 12 month performance reviews during year one.
Position Objective: Achieve/surpass agronomic goals, course conditioning, employee management
Additional package offerings: Up to $1000 in professional education (trade shows, classes, courses, certifications) subject to approval; regional and national association dues. 65/35 Health Benefits and 401K Benefits available. Performance Bonuses following review period.
Forward Resume and Letter of Interest directly to:
Robert McNeil, The Northeast Golf Company
118 Beauchamp Drive
Saunderstown, RI 02874
The Northeast Golf Company currently operates 3 golf courses-
Kings Crossing Golf Club, North Kingstown, RI
Bristol Golf Park, Bristol, RI
The Orchards Golf Course, Milford, CT
Opportunities are available across our properties for single or multiple course golf course superintendent opportunities.