Position: Golf Course Assistant Superintendent
The Assistant Golf Course Superintendent under direction, assists the Golf Course Superintendent in the daily maintenance, operation, and management of The Preserve at Boulder Hills Golf course and surrounding grounds. The Preserve is located in Richmond, RI.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervising and assisting in the construction and maintenance of the golf course.
- Supervising and assisting in the maintenance and repair of construction and maintenance equipment.
- Supervising and assisting in the maintenance and repair of golf cart fleet.
- Manages and maintains the golf course grounds and the clubhouse grounds and landscaping.
- Renders professional advice, opinions, assistance and services to the facility’s managing body as required.
- Participates in all long-range meetings.
- Reports to the Golf Course Superintendent regularly.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Requires advanced knowledge of agronomy and turf grass management practices; a working knowledge of golf facility construction principles, practices and methods; and a thorough understanding of the rules and strategies of the game of golf
- Requires excellent oral and written communications skills
- Requires knowledge of current federal, state and local laws and regulations affecting the management of golf course operations (including, but not limited to, employment, safety and environmental standards laws and regulations)
- Requires participation in continuing education opportunities such as seminars, workshops correspondence courses, field days and trade shows.
Examples of Work:
- Construction, renovation and/or reconstruction of golf course properties whether performed by maintenance staff or contractors. Assists the superintendent in submission of written plans for course construction, reconstruction or renovation projects.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget for the maintenance and capital improvement of course properties.
- Assists with interviews, hires, training, directing and supervising a staff of employees for the purpose of maintaining the properties.
- Assists in planning all maintenance and project work, applying his or her agronomic and administrative expertise to achieve the agreed-upon maintenance standards and long- range goals.
- Keep accurate and complete records on payroll, inventory, weather data, maintenance procedures, pesticide applications, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply please send resume to:
Chris Mihailides firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources and Compliance
The Preserve at Boulder Hills
87 Kingstown Road
Richmond, RI 02898