JOB TITLE: Director of Finance
REPORTS TO: Executive Director/CEO, Mass Golf
STATUS: Regular/exempt, full-time employee
START DATE: Immediate
APP DEADLINE: Tuesday, January 21st @ 4pm EST
POSITION LOCATION: Golf House in Norton, MA. Occasional (and limited) travel within the state may be required.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the management, oversight and direction of all financial accounting functions, human resources and compliance/general business operations/activities of Mass Golf and The Links at Mass Golf (an affiliate LLC). The Director leads a dedicated staff and supporting committee to help accomplish short and long-term financial goals as we aim to advance golf in Massachusetts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage, direct and lead all day-to-day accounting functions for Mass Golf, including but not limited to:
• Collaborate with Executive Director/CEO and department heads to plan, assess and evaluate financial performance of organization.
• Manage all accounting and financing transactions, processes and activities including accounts payable, receivables (collection process), expense reports, refunds, tax and payroll remittances, ensuring all practices are completed timely, accurately and adhere to applicable compliance regulations.
• Provide accurate financial records, analytical support and recommendations for Executive Director/CEO, the Treasurer, Officers, Board and Department Heads on a timely basis (including monthly close and quarterly statements).
• Manage and support the auditors (independent accounting firm) for the annual financial audit.
• Manage and coordinate the budget and forecasting process and ensure budget timelines and schedules are met.
• Administer and/or oversee processes and programs relating to human resources, including but not limited to, employment onboarding, payroll review and processing, benefit review, coordination and renewal and 401k plan administration.
• Assess and align our accounting and HR structure to support growth and change to meet current and future business needs.
• Manage quarterly sales tax filings as well as annual town filing requirements.
• Manage infrastructure for the organization including property management/maintenance, overseeing leases, insurance, office equipment/furniture, technology, business contracts.
• Work with the Treasurer and Investment Committee to manage/monitor the organizations investment accounts and restricted funds.
• Manage and oversee all day-to-day office administration and ensure professional, proactive responsiveness for internal and external issues, questions and follow up communication.
• Accept certain other special assignments as designated by the Executive Director/CEO.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (a professional accounting designation or post graduate degree preferred)
• 8-10 years of general accounting and financial management experience; non-profit experience preferred
• 5 years of experience supervising/managing staff and working with Senior Executives/Boards an asset.
• Demonstrate exceptional communication skills; charismatic, personable, and motivational in working with colleagues, volunteers and industry representatives.
• Possess a strong work ethic and ability to manage a series of projects with multiple teams/groups in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience with Sage Accounting Software (or similar)
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Knowledge of, and commitment to the goals and philosophy of Mass Golf and passion for the sport and industry of golf is preferred.
• General business knowledge, analytical thinking, strategizing and planning skills
• Exceptional accounting skills
• Excellent understanding of human resource management
• Detail oriented and highly organized
• Working knowledge of non-profit governance and legislative requirements
• Commensurate with experience and qualifications
• Comprehensive benefits package available including Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance
• Paid time off and 401(k) plan
• Cell phone and travel expense reimbursement
• Mass Golf staff apparel provided
Please send cover letter, resume, references and salary expectations/rationale to:
Jesse Menachem, Executive Director/CEO - Mass Golf firstname.lastname@example.org