2nd Assistant Superintendent Job Posting
Rhode Island Country Club
150 Nayatt Rd.
Barrington, RI 02806
Rhode Island Country Club is looking for a Second Assistant to be part of our team. We are located in Barrington, Rhode Island, which is about twenty minutes away from Providence. Rhode Island Country Club is a 1911 Donald Ross design seated just off the Narragansett Bay. We hold the CVS Charity Classic every June, which is an excellent PGA Tour Tournament experience. It is a one-day event, hosted by Brad Faxon and Billy Andrade that has raised over 22 Million for Southern New England nonprofit organizations.
The Second Assistant will report to the Lead Assistant and Golf Course Superintendent. The individual will be involved in all of the aspects of the golf course property including, but not limited to fertilizer and chemical applications, irrigation repair and application, course set-up, and mowing. This is a wonderful learning experience that has an emphasis on getting the right individual ready for becoming a Golf Course Superintendent.
A degree in a Turf Management or related field
- Golf Course or Landscape experience
- Rhode Island Pesticide Applicators License or the ability to obtain one
- Ability to work well and communicate with others
- A keen eye for detail
- Positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Ability and desire to work overtime weekly
- Knowing the game of golf
- Desire to learn and motivation to advance in the golf course industry
- Health, Dental, and 401K option
- These and more benefits will be discussed at the time of the interview.
Job Application Instructions
Please email a cover letter and resume to Andrew Hannah at firstname.lastname@example.org