Blue Rock Golf Course on Cape Cod is seeking candidates for the position of Golf Course Superintendent.
This is a rare opportunity to join the team at one of the country’s top-rated Par-3 courses that was recently named “Best Mid-Cape Golf Course” by Cape Cod Life Magazine.
The Superintendent is responsible for golf course operation and maintenance with responsibilities including, but not limited to establishing turf grass/plant material maintenance programs while following integrated pest management, property/asset management, personnel management, budget/forecasting, scheduling/maintenance of irrigation systems, repair and maintenance of equipment and compliance with regulatory issues.
The superintendent works to create an environment where team members are involved and enthusiastic, with open communication.
Other responsibilities include:
- Coordinating with PGA Professional on issues related to course maintenance
- Participates in construction and maintenance of the grounds
- Assists in designing landscape plans for facility grounds and implements the plan.
- Oversees and assists with the care and maintenance of the turf, ornamental plants, shrubs, trees, and wetlands on the resort grounds. Additional responsibilities will include assist and support in other divisions of The Davenport Companies as needed.
- Follow best management practices with all chemicals and products.
- Ensure compliance with relevant labor laws and safety protocol.
- Experience as a Golf Superintendent or 1st Assistant
- Certificate in Turf Management or related field
- Computer skills required for financial reporting and control of operations.
- Pesticide application license.
Blue Rock Golf Course is owned and operated by The Davenport Companies, a family owned collection of companies that been doing business on Cape Cod for over 60 years. Our course is part of the Blue Rock Resort property in South Yarmouth, MA. Please send resumes to Matt Pitta email@example.com.