Wanumetonomy Golf and Country Club is seeking a talented, career minded Equipment Manager for our Championship level operation. We are fortunate that the membership has invested over $1 million dollars in equipment for our operation over the past 2 years. We continue to invest in our operation to help supply all team members with the necessary tools/items to meet or exceed our championship standards on a daily basis. The equipment manager reports to the golf course superintendent and coordinates with the assistant golf course superintendent(s) and oversees a comprehensive preventive maintenance program for the golf course assets. This program includes the diagnostics and repair of failing equipment, keeping records of parts and labor needed to maintain all equipment, ordering parts/supplies as needed. The equipment manager works to communicate all needs/problems relating to repair of equipment to the superintendent and/or the assistant superintendent(s).
- Inspects, diagnoses and repairs mechanical defects/failures in various golf course maintenance equipment, including, diesel-, electric- and gasoline-power tools
- Instructs and/or trains golf course maintenance workers regarding preventive maintenance, and the proper cleaning of and safe operation of equipment.
- Prioritizes equipment repair and maintenance work.
- Maintains a preventive maintenance program within budget on all equipment, and purchases repair parts and replacement supplies.
- Keeps a complete set of records for equipment and parts inventory purchases, equipment conditions, costs of repairs and preventive maintenance for all equipment.
- Spot checks equipment for performance on the course, makes emergency repairs to equipment on the course, and services or supervises servicing of equipment prior to use.
- Oversees the shop area maintenance.
- Regulates employees' use of equipment in absence of superintendent and assistant superintendent, if needed, and performs other duties as directed by the superintendent.
- Recommends equipment purchases and leases
- Working knowledge of light and heavy maintenance equipment - specifically all golf course/light construction equipment.
- Skill in the use of a variety of equipment repair tools, and the making of various types of mechanical repair.
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the profession.
- Ability to move heavy objects - must be able to life 50+ pounds.
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions while repairing equipment.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical troubles and determine appropriate maintenance work.
- Proficiency in computer use, knowledge of Microsoft Office and other applications as specified by supervisor.
- Ability to communicate effectively and keep business records.
- Knowledge of and/or ability to play the game of golf and understand how job performance affects the playing conditions of the golf course.
- Timeliness in attendance on a daily basis
- Possession of a valid Drivers License
- Open Minded
- Willing to work together with others toward our common goal - meeting or exceeding membership expectations on a daily basis
- 'Whatever it Takes' mentality
To apply please send resume to Shaun Marcellus, Golf Course Superintendent, at email@example.com.
- $27.00 to $30.00 per hour
- Vehicle allowance
- Overtime pay after 40 hours
- Health, dental, uniforms, Bonus Opportunity, Retirement plans
- Paid Personal Time Off
- Continuing Education