Job Title: Superintendent
Reports To: SVP – Tennis Operations
Department: Hall of Fame Tennis Club
Date: November 2020
The Superintendent leads the daily maintenance and grounds management of the International Tennis Hall of Fame Campus. The Superintendent will manage Asst. Superintendent and hire seasonal staff.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all phases of the Grounds Maintenance, Agronomic Operations, budget management and personnel.
- Oversees the care and maintenance of the grounds, ornamental plants, shrubs, and trees on the facility grounds.
- Provides detailed annual plan for the tennis courts and the designated landscaping areas. Includes rotational design to provide facility with appropriate atmosphere.
- Recruits, supervises, and retains grounds staff. Conducts employee performance evaluations.
- Supervises and participates in the application and recording of chemical applications (fertilizers and pesticides) on the Club's grounds in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Supervises and controls all maintenance expenses associated with Tennis Operations, including payroll, supplies, chemicals, and fertilizers.
- Develops annual operating budget and plans for maintenance and capital improvement projects.
- Maintains records and completes required reporting. Order parts, supplies and equipment as needed.
- Schedules maintenance practices around play and tennis outings to maximize efficiency and minimize disruption to players.
- Manages all Vendor Relationships in conjunction with the grounds maintenance.
- Perform necessary maintenance on all equipment and tools
- 10 Years as Superintendent or 1st Assistant Superintendent
- 2-year Degree or Certificate in Turf Management (or related field, like agronomy, horticulture, plant science, soil science).
- Knowledge of management and maintenance of grass tennis courts or similar
- Knowledge of use and operating standards of equipment and tools used in grass tennis facility management and maintenance work.
- Skill in recruiting, supervising, training, monitoring, evaluating and motivating personnel.
- Interpersonal skill to resolve conflict and work with supervisors, employees, members, and the general public.
- Knowledge of safe use, mixing and application of chemicals and commercial products.
- Knowledge of the game of tennis, tennis rules and methods of play.
- Ability to anticipate personnel, equipment, and material requirements related to tennis facility maintenance and repair assignments.
- Pesticide Application License
- Advance computer skills required for financial reporting and control of operations, including use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Asst. Superintendent
- Seasonal Staff
- $80,000+ Salary Based on Experience
- Health + Dental Insurance
- Vacation, Holiday, Personal and Sick Pay
- Company Retirement Plan
To Apply, please email resume to Brewer Rowe, Senior Vice President, Tennis Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org