The Orchards Golf Course
137 Kozlowski Road, Milford, CT
Position / Title:
Golf Course Superintendent
The Orchards Golf Course is a 9 hole par 32 layout in the heart of Milford, Connecticut and is owned by the City of Milford, CT. The course is a valuable recreational amenity for the City and is kept in exceptional condition. The course is open to the public and averages 30,000+ rounds per season. The course is operated/managed by The Northeast Golf Company. This position is with The Northeast Golf Company/Golf Course Management Services.
- HUNGRY, RESPONSIBLE, SELF STARTING INDIVIDUAL DEDICATED TO THE PROFESSION LOOKING TO MAKE THIS COURSE THEIR OWN!
- 3-5 years experience as a Golf Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent
- Computer skills required for financial reporting and control of operations, including use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid Driver's License
- CT Pesticide Application License (or application for CT license)
- Oversees the care and maintenance of the turf, ornamental plants, shrubs, trees and natural areas, environmental zones and water bodies on the facility grounds.
- Manages water usage and the irrigation systems.
- Recruits, supervises and retains maintenance staff. Up to 3. Conducts employee performance evaluations and exercises disciplinary action.
- Provides technical, operational and safety training for/with employees to ensure that staff is working within OSHA, club safety, state and federal guidelines for safe working conditions.
- Provides and/or participates in the application and recording of chemical applications (fertilizers and pesticides) on the Club's grounds in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations- Must have current CT Pesticide Applicators License.
- Coordinates all maintenance expenses associated with Golf Course Operations, including payroll, supplies, chemicals and fertilizers with General Manager/Owner.
- Develops annual operating budget and plans for maintenance.
- Maintains records and completes required reporting. Order parts, supplies and equipment as needed.
- Communicates course conditions, issues daily with Clubhouse Manager
- Coordinates snow removal and winter maintenance activities.
- Knowledge of management and maintenance of greens, fairways and roughs.
- Knowledge of use and operating standards of equipment and tools used in golf course construction and maintenance work.
- Skill in recruiting, supervising, training, monitoring, evaluating and motivating personnel.
- Interpersonal skill to resolve conflict and work with supervisors, City officials, employees, and the general public.
- Knowledge of safe use, mixing and application of chemicals and commercial products.
- Knowledge of the game of golf, golf rules and methods of play.
- General knowledge of mechanical equipment workings and reparations
Compensation / Benefits:
- Salary: $50,000/commensurate with the requirements of the position *This is a position with The Northeast Golf Company and will require in season commitment up to 10-12 hours per day to reach our agronomic goals.
- Vacation: 5 days after 3 months of service, 5 additional days after 6 months of service plus off season flex time
- Term: One year, renewable with 6 month and 12 month performance reviews during year one.
- Additional package offerings: Up to $1000 in professional education (trade shows, classes, courses, certifications) subject to approval; regional and national association dues. Health Insurance Benefits/ 401K Benefits/Performance Bonuses available following review and vesting period.
Education Level Required:
- 2-year Degree or Certificate in Turf Management (or related field, like agronomy, horticulture, plant science, soil science).
Date Position Available:
Employment will begin/expected no later than March 1, 2021
February 1, 2021
Robert McNeil, The Northeast Golf Company
118 Beauchamp Drive
Saunderstown, RI 02874
How to Apply (electronically or by mail):
Email resume, cover letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org